New Fare Structure From 5 January 2018*
|Paper Ticket Books||2 tickets||10 tickets||20 tickets|
|ST1 Harwell||** £5 .60||£26.60||£50.40|
|ST2 Old Road Campus/ST3 Wytham-JR Hospital||** £2 .80||£13.30||£25.20|
|Commuter Cards/Season Tickets||13 weeks||52 weeks|
|ST1 Harwell, ST2 Old Road Campus & ST3 Wytham-JR Hospital (valid on all three routes)||** £236.00||£799.00|
|ST2 Old Road Campus & ST3 Wytham-JR Hospital (valid on both routes)||** £128.00||£449.00|
|Harwell Gold card||£799|
|Department Recharging||Per trip|
|ST1 Harwell||** £2.80|
|ST2 Old Road Campus/ST3 Wytham-JR Hospital||** £1.40|
* Any fares bought before 5 January 2018 will continue to be valid until used up. The pricing structure is supported by additional fare information below.
** Fares remain unchanged
Additional fare information
- Our tickets have been arranged into different sized ticket books to enable people to buy a return only and other tickets in even numbers. We will now sell paper tickets in books of 2, 10 or 20 tickets. The books of 5 and 25 tickets are discontinued.
- Paper tickets sold for the ST1 route are for use on the ST1 route only.
- We will start charging for all travel on the ST3 which was previously free, except for all Zoology and Experimental Psychology staff and students affected by the closure of the Tinbergen building who can travel for free on ST2 & ST3 and no internal recharging takes place.
- Paper tickets sold for the ST2/3 route are for one journey per ticket on either route.
- Our fares are benchmarked against the equivalent fares charged by local bus companies on similar routes.
- Any renewals or purchases before 5 January 2018 will be at the old prices, paper tickets bought before 5 January 2018 will continue to be valid until used up.
- The prices of internal recharges for business trips are frozen at 2016 prices.
What to look forward to in 2018:
- E-ticketing is being introduced
- A new bus stop is planned for Mansfield Road to make space for the shuttles
- A new St Clements bus stop is planned on the ST2 route.